2015 ORNAMENT HAS ARRIVED !!!
The past and present have come together with the 102 year old mission church, St Rita's Catholic Church, Dade City FL The old church, constructed in 1912, dedicated its first Mass March 4,1913.
The established St Leo Abbey was about six miles from the site with a sand road. A winter visitor at the Edwinola, Mrs Mary Lauringer requested the Benedictine Order of Saint Leo to establish a mission church. In 1976 the original building was sold for $1.00 to the Dade City Garden Club and relocated to 5ht Street South where it remains today.
The new church is at the original location on 14th Street and was completed in 1976. The church is Spanish in style and incorporates four original stained glass windows in the sacristy. The thirteen new stained glass windows are dedicated to early settlers of prominent families and one to WWI men who served and returned safely.
Ornaments may be purchased for $22 each at the Dade City Chamber and from Garden Club members.
NEW PHONE CONTACT
For RENTALS call us at 352-999-3200